Saturday, August 8, 2009

"Busier Than Three Cats on a Linoleum Roof!"

Now that's busy.
Have you ever seen a cat try to run on a linoleum floor? It's hilarious! I think they could get better traction on a treadmill or a pond of ice.
I've spent the last four weeks on this simple schedule - 'wake up... go to work'. It's been crazy. The part-time business we have has been booming, thankfully. And the day job is still steady. As a result, there's been absolutely no time for anything else.
Please don't get me wrong... I'm not complaining. Actually, I'm very grateful, considering the economy as it is. But, the 'side effects' are not as good as they should be. No family time, no lesuire time, and no time with God. All bad. Thankfully, my family is patient, my friends are patient, and God is patient. I just don't want to take advantage of their goodness. And, I don't want to send the 'wrong message' to any of them.
They say the best way to invest in your family is to spend time with them. They say the best way to build and grow friendships is to spend time with friends. They say the best way to gain a deeper relationship with God is to spend time with Him. I fail in all of these areas, especially lately. Humbly I confess, my family and my God, they just keep waiting for me.
Sometimes we just have too much to do, this is a busy world for sure. But, as I heard a pastor say one time, 'we all have the same 24 hours'. Ouch! That hurts, though true. The art of saying ' no' is a hard skill to master, though worth working for if family, friends and God are missing us. And that's the key point here. Are they missing us? Maybe more than we know.
Luke 10:38-42 says this: As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"
"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."
Notice, Jesus didn't blame Martha for being concerned with her responsibilities. He just wanted her to set her priorities.
I need to do the same thing. I really do, and I really want to. I just don't do it.
What about you and your life? Are you able to spend time with your loved ones? Are you able to spend time with your friends? And, with God? I sure hope so. I really do...
Have a great day! I'm 'pulling for you'. Keep up the good work!

Keep pressing on...

No comments:

Post a Comment