Friday, September 4, 2009

"I'm Certain This Computer Is Out To Get Me!

I'm sure of it!
This computer is single-handedly effecting my blood pressure rate more than all of the jelly doughnuts, pizza, and buttered popcorn I've consumed in the last two years!
As I patiently work on all of those 'important' things that make computers necessary; email, Facebook, my website, Craigslist, and of course...blogging, it never fails. Just when I get into deep thought (which isn't saying much for my shallow brain), this illustrious computer of mine decides to 'freeze up'.
Now, I can hear everyone out there in unison saying," big deal... they all do that", and I agree. What bugs me though is this: I wait... and I wait... and I wait... nothing. Then, at any point, when I just can't take it any more, I can hit the 'x' key to close everything down and, BAAM!!!, in a New York nano-second...GONE! This computer is as slow as Christmas when required to do something important but quits when given any opportunity, in the blink of an eye!!!

Wait a minute... I'm just like this. I can procrastanate with the best of them. And, when given an out, I'm out. I'm not lazy, I just ashamedly look for the easy way out at times. Especially when it comes to God's work, especially when I'm doing 'tough things' that takes me out of my comfort zone...
Thankfully, God has more patience with me than anyone else I know. Thankfully, He never gives up on me. Thankfully, He gives me more opportunities...
1 Corinthians 15:58 says this, "Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."
Hebrews 6:10 says, "God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them."
So even though some thngs are just hard work, it's much more worthwhile to work hard than to give up, than to look for the easy way out. We may not see the results of our work immediately but, as we read "our labor is not in vain", and "God will not forget our work". Don't give up...work hard... it'll be worth it.
Now, if I could just get my computer to buy into this idea...

'Keep pressing on'

No comments:

Post a Comment